Horseshoe Welding Project Tools & Supplies
Whether you’re taking up horseshoe welding as a hobby or want to create projects for some extra cash flow, you’ll need some basic tools to get you started.
You may already have some tools you’ll need in your garage or workshop, so it may be as easy as adding just a few items.
Here’s a list of basic horseshoe welding tools that will help you complete your horseshoe welding projects. You’ll also find links to more in-depth information for several of the items.
Basic Horseshoe Welding Tools
- Welder – you can use a MIG, TIG or Flux-Core welding machine for your welded horseshoe projects. Here are some 110-volt MIG welders for every budget. You can plug these into a standard household power outlet.
- Steel welding table
- Handheld angle grinder or bench grinder
- Hacksaw or bandsaw
- Locking metal c-clamps
- 2” x 2” piece of steel angle iron about 32”
- Welding metal angle magnets
- Small magnetic level
- Carpenter squares
- Welding hammer
- Metal files of various sizes and shapes
- Anvil or large block of steel
- Handheld wire brush
- Welpers (welding pliers)
- Welding Gas – choosing a welding cylinder
- Welding Wire
Looking for inspiration? 25 Horseshoe Welding Projects From Easy to Extraordinary
Basic Safety Equipment
- A welding helmet is a basic piece of safety equipment needed for welding and grinding. Learn how an auto-darkening helmet can protect you.
- A flame resistant welding shirt is an important piece of safety equipment.
- Leather welding gloves
- Ear protection
- Sturdy shoes or boots
- Safety glasses
- Face shield
- Used shoes are easy to get from a local farrier or barn
- Find new shoes at local farm supply stores or online
- Gas torch
- Rust-preventing paint and clear coat